Good evening! I’m sure that all of you are as anxious as I am to get back to making music together. Last evening our Board of Directors made a very conscientious and well thought out decision to recreate a schedule for this Spring that will keep us all moving musically forward while being safe with respect to each other’s health. I’ve spent most of the day reworking this Schedule and am waiting for approval of some of the necessary changes that I’ve made. I expect to be able to post the completed and approved schedule on Saturday. In the meantime, I’m posting this evening the major changes and points so that you can make plains and adjustments to your personal calendar.
2022 NHB OF S.&S. COUNTIES PROGRESSIVE COVID AWARENESS SCHEDULE
1.Rehearsals and Classes will not start until Monday January 17, M.L.K. Day and all classes and rehearsals will be Zoomed so that all members can choose to participate virtually or in person.
2. All new equipment and software will be purchased, installed and tested before January 17th and ALL LIVE classes will be held at the F.E.C. and MAPS facilities.
3. Two new Teaching Members have been interviewed and added to our teaching staff, allowing us to begin with the focus on small group teaching and learning.
4. The schedule is progressive because as the covid spike begins to dissipate the schedule begins to return to a mix of small groups growing into larger ensembles. The main point is that we will be starting the schedule with fewer members in the building at the same time.
5. You will all be working on five new Full Ensemble Selections, Technique by Instrument Families, Small Group and Solo Recital Selections and much more!
6. The schedule will change and grow as the health issue allows for the SAVETY OF ALL MEMBERS. We anticipate these changes to be made monthly and will continue to be organized in the Monthly rotation of A and B weeks.
7. New Music will be passed out by drive by pick -up on posted Monday or Thursday evenings at the F.E.C.
8. Your Board continues to expect that you cooperate by observing all vaccination, boosters, distancing and mask wearing practices and recommendations which will be posted on our webpage.
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!