AmazonSmile is another way for you to support New Horizons every time you shop with Amazon. Learn more.
New Horizons Band
of Summit and Stark Counties
Providing the Opportunity For Life Enrichment Through Embracing Music
The New Horizons Band of Stark and Summit Counties (NHB) was formed in 2005. In 2007, NHB was incorporated and registered with the Internal Revenue Service as a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
Our activities are funded by membership fees, grants, and donations. Pre-COVID, our membership roster was growing at a healthy pace and topped-off at 130 with members from communities all around North East Ohio. Our on-line offerings have helped to reach new members from much further away. We currently have 80 active members who continue to enhance their skills and provide musical enjoyment for audiences. We encourage interested musicians – at any level – to join us.
We welcome donations to support our expansion of music-making opportunities for adults. Donations to NHB are used to sponsor scholarships, purchase new music for the band, rent a truck(s) to get equipment to performance sites, instructor salaries, and much more.
There are several ways you can help us realize our goals. Contributions in the form of memorials, personal tributes, or individual donations – no matter how large or small – will go far to help our experienced and budding adult musicians discover their own harmonious new horizons. Thank you for your generous support.
The New Horizons Band of Summit and Stark Counties, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) organization, and donations are deductible in the US to the extent permissible by law.
In Memory / Honor of
|Date||Donor||Memorial / In Honor of|
|2022||Cathryn Goudy||In Honor of Enid Russell|
|2022||Cassandra Mathew||In Memory of Enid Russell|
|2022||Gregory Aschelman||In Memory of Enid Russell|
|2022||Pam & Glenn Christner||In Memory of Enid Russell|
|2022||Donald & Cynthia Mathias||In Memory of Enid Russell|
|2022||Elaine Forsch||In Memory of Enid Russell|
|2022||Marjorie Forsch||In Memory of Enid Russell|
Donor List 2021
|Sandy Bee Lynn||Viola|
|Paul & Mary Kay Burnett||NHB Friend|
|Joy P. Hart||Cornet|
|Karen Isaiah||NHB Friend|
|Dave Kettlewell||NHB Friend|
|Lee A, Nielsen||Flute|
|Mark S. Perlmutter||Sax|
|John E. Rasinski||Sax|
|John K. Sederwall||Euphonium|
Donor List 2020
|Dan Budrow||Tenor Sax|
|Rosemary Floccari||NHB Friend|
|John Hollin||Alto Sax|
|Mary Ann and James Kimmel||Violin|
|Sandy Bee Lynn||Viola|
|Jaime Madrigal||String instructor|
|Anne Radcliffe||French horn|
|Sam Rajiah *||NHB Friend|
|Kevin Rudd||Bass guitar|
|Steve & Linda Ryan||Bass clarinet|
|Judy and Al Smith||Harmonica|
|Frank Snow||Clarinet/Tenor Sax|
|Herb Thompson||Alto/Bari Sax|
Shop with AmazonSmile and Amazon will Donate to New Horizons
How to direct Amazon to contribute 0.5 % of your purchase to New Horizons using your Internet browser.
- Enter smile.amazon.com in your Internet browser.
- Sign in with your user name and password as usual.
- Enter “New Horizons Band of Summit and Stark County” in the organization search box
- Selecting New Horizons is only done once.
- From now on sign-in to smile.amazon.com, NOT amazon.com, for the donation. There is no difference in the websites other than activating the donation at checkout.
How to set up AmazonSmile on your Amazon iPhone app.
- Load the Amazon phone app.
- Click on the three horizontal bars on the bottom menu bar.
- Click on Settings
- Click on Notifications
- Click on all of the notification switches.
- Go back to the setting page.
- You will now see AmazonSmile (AmazonSmile will not appear until you turn on all notifications. For some reason Amazon requires that the notifications must be turned on every 6 months to access AmazonSmile).
- Click on AmazonSmile to activate the donation.
How to set up AmazonSmile on your Amazon Android App (it is much easier than the iPhone app).
- Just click on the 3 horizontal bars in the menu bar.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on AmazonSmile (no need to change notifications).
- Turn on AmazonSmile.