IINTRODUCING a new feature to our internet learning called the “PLAY ALONG CORNER”. We have been working on music tracks which will allow you to play written parts along with four part chorales.
You will receive parts for all four voices and will be able to select and learn to play any and all four of these parts as if you are a member of a quartet. We suggest that you start by counting out loud while clapping the bass line so that you learn how all three upper voices are constructed on the foundation of the bass line.
Music tracks updated June 27 – An additional measure has been added to the click track so that everyone has more time to prepare before playing. Also an emphasis has been added to the first beat of each measure so that everyone can feel the phrasing and harmonic rhythm more clearly.
Please follow the directions below for the chorales handout. They will provide an additional enjoyable musical experience during your practicing this summer, “STAR TRACKS”.
- Notice that you have been give four different chorale parts: bass, tenor, alto and soprano
- Start with the bass part first and write in the correct counting over each measure
- Count out loud and clap the rhythm at quarter note = 68
- Play the bass part with your metronome; than listen to the “TRACK” counting and clapping
- Each TRACK start with one measure of clicks to set the tempo and continue throughout the track
- Play the bass part along with all four parts on the Track with a rallentando in the last measure
- Repeat steps 2-6 with the other three parts
- Move on to the second chorale following the same steps in order. ENJOY!!!
Chorale No. 2 (Bach) Four Part (w metronome 68 bpm)
Chorale No. 6 (Bach) Four Part (w.metronome 68 bpm)
Chorale No. 7 (Bach)
Chorale No. 7 has been prepared with four tracks; each only having three of the four voices recorded on it. This way each listener my experience performing as if they are a member of a quartet.
Chorale No. 7 (Bach) Four Part (w.metronome 68 bpm)
Chorale No. 7 (Bach), sans bass (w.metronome 68 bpm)
Chorale No. 7 (Bach), sans soprano (w.metronome 68 bpm)
Chorale No. 7 (Bach), sans tenor (w.metronome 68 bpm)
Chorale No. 7 (Bach), sans alto (w.metronome 68 bpm)
Please Help Us Improve the “Play Along Corner”
This is our first step for the “Play Along Corner”. Please use this form to provide your feedback.