Becky G., Andy R., Barb S., Valerie D.
Rob S., Valerie L.
|As self-directed adult learners, our cello players are enjoying a few more hours of focused group practice. Study group sessions are on an as-needed basis between regular NHB weekly sessions. Sharing techniques to tackle some of the more challenging measures sure helps to keep us all on the same page and playing the same notes. 😀|
First meeting Friday April 12, 2019Reviewed recital pieces
Shared bowing and fingering techniques.
Helpful Internet LinksRecommended iPhone app (not available on Android): Sheet Music Scanner (IOS only) – Scans printed sheet music using the built-in camera and plays it for you.
Learning the Cello as a Adult
Inspiring the Adult Music Learner: Focus on Adult Cello Beginners
YouTube Cello Recommendations (Courtesy Robert Young)
- GREAT VIDEO, MUST VIEW: Rostropovich – Dvorak Cello Concerto:
Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6
- Yo-Yo Ma: Elgar Cello Concerto, 1st mvmt – 2nd mvmt – 3rd mvmt – 4th mvmt
- Yo Yo Ma: Prelude from Bach´s Cello Suite No. 1 Dvorak Cello Concerto
- You might enjoy watching and listening to these three young people:
Concert in Kipsala hall with the Symphonic orchestra of Liepaja and melo-m (3 cellos) “Final Countdown.”
Observe the broken strands of hair on the center cellist’s bow.
- 2CELLOS – Thunderstruck – Even more broken bow hair.
|End of post|